Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Caught one!

So last night after I finished class, I headed over to the school with my trap and stinky tuna all ready to go.  When I got there, I noticed that someone had just fed the cats because their food containers were full.  I got worried that I wouldn't get one because they wouldn't be hungry.  But, you know what they say about cats - they're curious creatures!  After I set out the trap, I saw two of the little orange kitties very cautiously eyeing the trap.  I put a burlap cover on it so it wasn't some scary metal looking thing.  For a few minutes, they just walked around the outside of the trap, sniffing, pawing at the burlap, trying to figure out how to get the delicious tuna dish!  Finally, after only about five minutes, one of the little orangies fearlessly walked into the trap while his sibling watched....and BAM!  The door closed behind the kitty, who then proceeded to freak out and try to claw its way out.  I felt bad for the poor thing, but this is the right thing to do.  I took the kitty home and it spent the night in the garage.

Bright and early, we headed to the SPCA for its appointment.  Luckily, the local SPCA fixes feral cats for free so I only have to put in the time and effort, which I have a lot more of lately, so it works out well.

No comments:

Post a Comment