Thursday, July 28, 2011

SCRAPPY!! Kitty #9

The next cat I caught was this guy, and I named him Scrappy.  He had been hobbling around on three legs and there was a big gash on one of his legs, so I really wanted to get him some medical help as well.  He looked like he was on the wrong end of a fight...poor guy.  In the pic below, you can see his bloody wound.   




When I took him to the SPCA, they just cleaned up his leg but didn't give him any antibiotics or anything because they didn't have any of the long-lasting stuff and it's not like I can administer meds to him everyday. 

Scrappy has quite a personality.  Despite the fact that he's a gimp, the security guards tell me that they still see Scrappy trying to pick fights with other cats.  I don't think this guy will ever learn, but hopefully the neutering will calm down those hormones and make him a more mellow cat.   

He hisses as soon as he sees people and he's a sucker for food!  Even now, when I'm out at the school feeding the cats, he'll walk up to me hissing when I'm putting down the food.  He just struts towards me like he's not scared, yet he's hissing while I'm the one giving him food!!  Crazy guy.  Here's a short clip to show a little of his "personality" :)


It's actually been over a month since I took Scrappy into the vet and I'm happy to say he's walking around better.  His leg still looks like it hasn't fully healed, but at least he's not hobbling around on three feet anymore.  I just hope he doesn't try to pick anymore fights!     

2 comments:

  1. Erin, how can people get in touch with you to donate?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anna! Not sure if you got my email response so I'll put it here as well.

    There's a link on my blog (on the right side it's a yellow box that says "Donate") where you can donate safely and it goes through PayPal. Thanks so much and feel free to email me any more questions! I'll try to update the blog post about Scrappy soon :)

    ReplyDelete